Mar 1, 2012

Warrens of the Leper Queens Will Be a S&W Module

Moragne has been a troubled setting since last year, when I ran a game in it and the PCs didn't like it. Since then, I've been trying to keep my interest up in it and rework it. Some of the issues were player-specific and had to do with the style of campaign (one of the guys I was playing with didn't like the sandbox element), but they've made me much less interested in the setting. I haven't been playing any MRQ2 since, and my Runequest games going forward are much more likely to be Openquest than MRQ2.

With that in mind, one of the reasons the updates on Warrens of the Leper Queens have been so slow is I simply don't know when I'll be playing MRQ2 next. It's hard to get excited about something you may never play, and I think it's a bit dishonest to release a module you've never playtested.

So, with that in mind, I've decided to reboot Warrens of the Leper Queens. I'm going to expand the dungeon itself, convert the mechanics over to Swords and Wizardry, and remove or alter the Moragne-specific material to make it more of a generic module. I think the core concept and theme of it are good, but there are specific structural elements I want to change (the size and layout of the dungeon, etc.) and the reboot will give me a chance to do them properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment